Pamper your loved ones with this finger-licking BBQ Chicken. Featuring the perfect seared chicken drumsticks and thighs brushed and spooned over with tangy and sweet BBQ sauce prepared with tomato, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and ketchup. This BBQ chicken will become a hit at your table!
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup corn starch
- Vegetable oil, for frying
INGREDIENTS FOR BBQ SAUCE:
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. Grated garlic
- 5 tomatoes, chopped in quarters
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 177ml apple juice
- 32g chipotle chili sauce or any other chili sauce
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1 pepper
- 30 min
- 20-25 min
1. In a frying pan, melt the butter and fry the garlic for a few minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, apple juice, and chipotle chilli adobo sauce or chilli substitute.
3. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid reduces and a semi-thick consistency is obtained.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer the previous mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain and set aside.
6. Add the chicken to a bowl and dust with plenty of salt, pepper, paprika, and corn starch.
7. Mix thoroughly. Toss the chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs until completely covered.
8. In a frying pan with vegetable oil, sear the drumsticks and chicken thighs completely. Pour the BBQ sauce into the frying pan and keep part of the remaining sauce aside.
9. Cook the chicken for around 20 minutes or until done.
10. Remove from the heat and spoon a bit of the BBQ sauce over the chicken.
11. Serve the chicken with a green salad and the dressing of your choice.