Chicken fingers or tenders have been an all-time favourite for families over the past 20 years. As a quick and easy way to enjoy chicken, chicken tenders can have so many varieties in flavour and quality, that the possibilities are endless.
Satisfy your fast-food cravings and celebrate National Chicken Finger Day with us today. We have prepared a finger-licking KFC Style Chicken Tenders recipe, just for you.
National Chicken Finger Day was founded by Raising Cane’s, a Louisiana-based fast-food chain that produces southern chicken fingers.
Throughout the day, people take this time to enjoy the salty, crunchy taste of chicken tenders and fried chicken and enjoy being a part of the southern tradition.
- 350g boneless chicken tenders (fillets)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 whisked egg
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups of plain flour
- ¾ tsp. white pepper powder
- 1 tsp. red Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 h and 40 min
- 5-6 min
1. You can either use chicken tenders or boneless chicken fillets which are available in stores. In case you are using boneless fillets, cut them into chicken tender shapes or strips.
2. Pat dry and then marinate with the 1st marinade. Set aside for 30 mins.
3. Now add all the ingredients for the 2nd marinade and mix in a bowl.
4. Add the marinated chicken tenders and mix them well in the 2nd marinade. Cover the bowl and marinate for 2 hours. Keep it in the refrigerator for 1:30 min and then keep it at room temperature for 30 mins.
5. For the flour coating, mix all the ingredients in a flat glass dish and mix it well with a dry spatula, just before you start coating.
6. Take out one tender at a time from the buttermilk mix and place it on the flour mix. Coat evenly on all sides and press lightly to coat the flour. Repeat the process for the rest.
7. Heat the oil in the Nea saute pan to 190C/375F. Drop around 5-6 coated tenders one by one to not crowd the pan.
8. Do not stir for 1 minute and then fry on medium heat for another 4-5 mins flipping often to give an even golden colour. Total frying time is 5-6 mins.
9. Take out the tenders once golden brown and keep them on a plate.
Fry in batches of 5-6 tenders.