Spooky season is here!
Halloween is definitely the time to go all in on your baking and sweets. This year we have decided to do a fun group of spooky/cute cupcakes. The goal is to have a wow factor which is not overly complicated or time-consuming.
These adorable Halloween cupcakes are easy to make and are a great spooky addition to your Halloween treat table. We have included a delicious chocolate cupcake recipe, but you can use any cupcake recipe or even boxed mix that you like.
All of these cupcakes are pretty kid friendly so, if you’re looking for an easy holiday project this just might be it! Also, they taste delicious! They will be a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
- 4 tbsp water (boiling)
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 free range large eggs
- 175g unsalted butter (softened)
- 165g caster Sugar
- 115g self-raising white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 paper cases
- 450g vanilla frosting
- Food colouring
- Edible Eyes
- 20 min
- 15 min
1. Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl, pour in the boiling water and mix into a thick paste. Add the remaining cake ingredients and mix with an electric hand whisk (or beat with a wooden spoon).
2. Divide the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F, Gas mark 6) for about 12-15 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch. Cool in the cases on a wire rack.
3. Split the frosting amongst four bowls and dye the colours you wish to use. We made green for Frankenstein’s monster, black for outlining/trimming, orange for pumpkins and left some frosting white for mummies and decoration.
Get creative and try making witches, skeletons, or cats.