This is an easy ravioli dish with cooked asparagus and walnuts tossed in a light and flavourful butter lemon sauce. A quick and delicious dinner that only takes 15 minutes to make.
Fresh store-bought ravioli with asparagus in simple butter and lemon sauce. A little bit of grated parmesan cheese, minced parsley and crunchy walnuts are added at the end – just give it a toss and you’re ready to eat.
- 1 package of fresh cheese ravioli
- 230g of asparagus (snap off the tough ends – chop asparagus into thirds or smaller)
- 1 half lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tbs butter
- 25g walnut pieces
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 6 twists of pepper
- 2 tbs grated parmesan (plus some to serve at the table)
- 10 min
- 5 min
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, chop your asparagus into thirds (snap off tough white ends and discard). Mince parsley, squeeze lemon and measure out walnuts and butter.
3. In a large pan with a lid, melt 2 tbs of butter over medium heat until frothy.
4. Add chopped asparagus to the pan, stir slightly to coat the asparagus with butter and cover the pan with a lid. The asparagus should be slightly damp when adding it to the pan. The pan should only be on medium heat so you don’t burn the butter or the asparagus. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes – depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
5. While the asparagus is cooking, add ravioli to boiling water and cook as per the package instructions. Drain when done and add to a bowl.
6. Add the lemon juice and black pepper to the asparagus in the pan and turn the heat to high. Cook and stir the asparagus and butter with the lemon juice for 30 seconds to create a light butter lemon sauce. Remove from heat.
7. Add the asparagus and butter lemon sauce to the cooked ravioli in the bowl. There will not be a lot of sauce – you just want enough to lightly coat the ravioli. Make sure to scrape out the pan.
8. Add walnuts, parsley and 2 tbs parmesan cheese – toss gently to combine.
You can use whatever fresh ravioli you like for this dish – cheese, mushroom and spinach are all good choices.