How to make the perfect tender, juicy, double cheeseburger with easy burger sauce on a lightly toasted brioche bun?
We know you know how to make a cheeseburger … but as it turns out, we have some tips you might find useful!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450 g minced (ground) beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 slices burger cheese (use regular burger cheese or slices of your favourite cheese)
- 2 brioche buns (toasted)
- Large handful curly lettuce (sliced)
- 2 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/4 brown onion (peeled and sliced)
- 8 tbsp burger sauce
- 10 min
- 10 min
1. Preheat the grill pan until hot and brush with the vegetable oil.
2. Form the beef mince into 4 patties and sprinkle on both sides with the salt and pepper.
3. Place the patties on the grill pan and cook, for about 3 minutes, until browned, then turn the burgers over and place a slice of cheese on top of each burger.
4. Cook for a further 1-3 minutes, until the burger is cooked through.
5. Take the burgers off the griddle when cooked and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes.
6. Whilst the burgers are resting, mix the sauce ingredients together and put to one side.
To assemble the burgers:
1. Place the lettuce on the bottom of two of the burger buns followed by slices of tomato.
2. Add a burger to each bun.
3. Top with onion slices and another burger.
4. Drizzle over the sauce and place the top of the bun on each burger and serve.
Don't use a burger shaper. Just roll the minced beef into a ball, then squash flat - so you have slightly raggedy edges. Using a burger shaper can make your burger mixture too tight/dense.