Welcome to our kitchen, where we're about to transform your weeknight dinners with a fantastic one-pot rice cooker fried rice recipe! If you're tired of spending hours in the kitchen after a long day, this recipe is your new best friend. Get ready to enjoy the incredible flavours of stir-fry without the hassle of multiple pans and complicated steps. Let's dive in!
- 200g raw Jasmine rice
- 240ml chicken broth
- 150g frozen mixed vegetables
- 200g chicken thigh
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp shao xing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 5 min
- 30 min
1. Cut up chicken into cubes. Add to a medium bowl with all the chicken marinade ingredients. Mix well. Cover and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Crack egg into a small bowl and lightly beat. Set aside.
3. Wash the rice a few times until the water runs clear. Then drain very well using a sieve.
4. Add rice, chicken broth, fish sauce, light soy sauce, garlic powder and onion powder to the rice cooker pot. Stir to mix well.
5. Add chicken, vegetables and beaten egg. Give everything a brief stir.
6. Close the lid and set the rice cooker to cook.
7. When done, mix everything gently using a rice spatula. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe is very versatile and you can swap out most ingredients as long as you keep the dry-to-wet ratio around the same.
You may substitute chicken stock with vegetable stock, or 240ml water + 1 cube chicken bouillon.