As the leaves begin to change and a chill creeps into the air, there's nothing quite like the comfort of a Pumpkin Spice Latte to signal the arrival of fall. This beloved seasonal drink has become an iconic symbol of autumn, and it's a favourite for many as they embrace the cosy vibes of the season.
Rather than enduring long queues at Starbucks, try whipping up this delightful Starbucks-inspired pumpkin spice latte replica. Plus, you can prepare it in dairy-free or paleo variations.
- 5 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 shots of espresso
- Whipped cream
- 10 min
- 5 min
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
1. Combine ¼ cup cinnamon, 2 tbsp ground ginger, 1 tbsp ground nutmeg and 2 tsp ground cloves.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
1. Add the pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
3. Divide the mixture evenly between two coffee mugs.
4. Pour 4 espresso shots and add 2 to each mug.
5. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
To make this a dairy-free pumpkin spice latte recipe, swap out the whole milk for coconut milk or almond milk.
To make this a paleo pumpkin spice latte recipe, simply use coconut milk in place of the whole milk, use grade B maple syrup or coconut sugar for the sweetener and use a full-fat coconut to make homemade whipped cream.