Our delightful vegan pumpkin soup recipe offers a cosy solution for those cool autumn nights. A spookily delicious concoction, our simple vegan pumpkin soup is a delightful treat suitable for the entire family. Whether you're celebrating Halloween or simply seeking a nutritious and comforting lunch, our scrumptious pumpkin soup recipe is the answer you've been searching for.
Curious about preparing pumpkin soup? Our pumpkin soup recipe offers simplicity and remarkable adaptability. To discover your ideal pumpkin soup flavour, experiment with various toppings like coriander, chilli flakes or toasted pumpkin seeds. Moreover, if you're craving a heartier accompaniment, savour your Halloween pumpkin soup with a side of crusty bread – one or two slices will do.
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- 1L of vegetable stock (check the packaging to make sure it's vegan)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp ginger (finely chopped)
- Pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- Chilli Flakes
- Lime Juice (squeezed)
- Coriander (chopped)
- 25 min
- 40 min
1. Peel and chop the pumpkin into small chunks and place on a baking tray with oil and the allspice.
2. Roast for 30 minutes until soft. You can reserve the seeds, toast them and serve as a topping on your perfect pumpkin soup if you wish.
3. Fry the onion in a big pan until soft. Add the ginger and garlic and stir for another minute. Add the vegetable stock, coconut cream and roasted pumpkin to the pan and bring to a simmer.
4. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth, if you prefer it thinner add a little more stock.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds, a sprinkle of chilli flakes, lots of coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Pumpkin soup will keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 days or can be frozen for 3 months.
If your soup is too thick, just loosen it with a touch of water when reheating.
If it’s too thin (unlikely, but could happen!), then just simmer on the stove for a while to let it reduce – this will thicken it.