Simple vegan sausage rolls: crafted with vegan sausages, puff pastry and baked to absolute perfection. A delightful recipe for kid-friendly baking adventures! Add edible eyes for that extra spooky Halloween vibe.
Discover the straightforward process to whip up these effortless Halloween sausages with just four simple steps.
Every Halloween, we engage in a delightful tradition of creating Halloween-themed treats with kids for their parties. The sausage mummies consistently emerge as the top choice for the little ones.
In particular, these incredibly simple sausage rolls demand just 10 minutes of prep time and rely on two key ingredients, along with the edible eyes: Sausages and Puff Pastry!
- 6 sausages
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly whisked (optional)
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 edible eyes
- 10 min
- 20 min
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into 1 cm thick strips length-wise or width-wise using a pizza cutter.
3. Pick one sausage roll at a time and wrap one of the pastry strips around each sausage to create a mummy effect, leaving a little gap for the face. Trim and discard any excess pastry that’s too long. Brush with egg.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and flaky. Remove from the oven and allow the mummy sausages to cool down a bit.
5. Brush a little honey on the underside of the edible eyes and stick on your mummies. Alternatively, use cheese and black olives.
6. Serve with spider tomato ketchup for a spooky feel.
To create the web effect, place some tomato ketchup in a bowl. Create webs with mayonnaise and draw lines on the webs with a skewer.