To finish off this Halloween week and end the spooky season, we have a special treat for you.
This easy-to-follow recipe will guide you through creating these frighteningly tasty treats. Whether you're planning a spooky soirée, a kid-friendly lunch or just a quirky snack, these monstrously delicious rolls are a must-try.
- 2 large white soft bread rolls (halved)
- 2 Edam cheese slices
- 2 slices prime-cut wafer-thin cooked ham
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 pitted black olive (sliced into 4)
- 10 min
- 5 min
1. Cut 2 x 2cm rounds from one end of each cheese slice and reserve for the eyes. Cut one side of each slice into ridges to make teeth; place in the roll and top with the ham.
2. Cut 4 thin rounds from the carrot, then cut a 5cm long piece from the remaining carrot. Slice into thin sections and cut into triangles for the fangs and horns.
3. Cut 2 batons from the cucumber and slice the rest. Set aside 4 slices and put the rest inside the rolls.
4. For the eyes, top a reserved cucumber round with a carrot slice, a cheese round, then an olive slice.
5. Secure onto the roll with half a cocktail stick and secure the cucumber eyebrows with another cocktail stick. The horns will stay in place when pierced into the roll.
Cut a point at the end of each horn to make it easier to pierce the roll and stay in place.
Remove cocktail sticks before eating.