Creamy Lentil Soup
This 8-ingredient-only soup recipe is nourishing and velvety smooth. It takes less than 30 minutes to get it done and it's a high-protein and meal.
It’s very easy and quick to make and the results are a lightly spiced, thick and creamy. Great for a warming winter meal.
- 2 tbsp extra vergin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 350g carrots (coarsely grated)
- 150g dried red lentils uncooked
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- Prep: 5min
- Cooking: 20min
- Heat the extra vergin oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until transparent.
- Stir in the carrots, lentils, milk, and stock, then bring to a boil.
- Add the ground pepper and stir it.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Puree with a blender or food processor.
- If too thick, add a bit of hot water to thin.
- Serve the soup and add a bay leaf on each bowl.
TIP: Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and pine nuts.
TIP: To speed up the process, wash thoroughly and soak the dried lentils for three hours in cold water. It softens the dal prior to cooking and it takes less time to tenderise.