National Burger Day
Need an excuse to have one of the nation’s favorite foods? Well today you can with the National Burger Day! Being one of the most easy and versatile foods, almost anything can be thrown into a burger bun, from the traditional beef burger with fresh lettuce & tomato to the ultimate sticky pulled pork burger, there is something for every taste bud.
Celebrating Burger Day is easy, entertaining and involves the most delicious food. You could either have a chilled evening with family and enjoy a burger from your local takeout or hosting a Great British Burger cookout with friends and family, this involves everyone makes their favorite burgers with toppings and introduces them to the group, this could even get competitive.
SQ Professional have provided the perfect recipe for any occasion and will guarantee a delicious experience!
The Perfect Cheeseburger
Juicy beef patty, mouthwatering homemade sauce and Caramelised onions.
- 4 Burger Buns
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Pickles
- 2 Sliced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp EVO
- 800g Beef Mince
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Onions
- 3 tsp EVO
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp French Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 60 min
- 1. Starting with the caramelised onions. Peel and slice the onions. Place a Saucepan over a medium heat with a tbsp of olive oil. Wait for the pan to heat up and add the sliced onions. Cook for around 5 minutes until soft, add a pinch of salt and cook for a further 5 minutes followed by the optional balsamic vinegar and brown sugar for a sweeter taste, cook until the sugar has dissolved, and vinegar has reduced. Set aside until required.
- 2. For the burger sauce, add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix (for a quick and easier result SQ Professional's K-MOJO DigiMaster Food Processor – with the emulsifying attachment on - is the perfect choice). Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- 3. Time for the beef burgers. Place the beef mince in a bowl and season with salt and pepper (we recommend to use SQ Professional's Meat Grinder for a fast and easier result), mix and shape into four equal sized patties.
- 4. Before adding oil heat up a Grill Pan, cut the buns into half and toast each side on the pan until dark golden and set aside when done.
- 5. Once the buns are toasted, add oil to the pan, season the patties with salt and add to the pan. While the patties are cooking, press down for a crispy edge. Cook for around 2 minutes until brown.
- 6. Flip the patties and repeat process. Add cheese to the top of the patties and let the cheese melt.
- 7. Time to serve. Spread the burger sauce to the bottom bun. Add a burger followed by the sliced pickles, tomato and caramelised onions and finish with the burger bun.
- 8. Enjoy your National Burger Day!
TIP: If you want to cook it to perfection, use a digital thermometer. The internal temperature should be about 62° Celsius for medium-rare.