Grilled Chermoula Lamb Loin Chops
Chermoula or charmoula is a marinade and relish used in the Maghreb countries cooking. It is traditionally used to flavor fish or lamb, but it can be used on other meats, seafood or vegetables.
- 300g (3 cups) fresh coriander/cilantro
- 100g (1 cup) flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5g (1 tbsp) dried cumin
- 5g (1 tbsp) sweet paprika
- 60ml (4 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 2g (1 tsp) salt
- 1 whole (or 10 slices) preserved lemon
- 8 lamb loin chops
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Place all the ingredients in your K-Mojo DigiMaster’s with the Chopping Blade attachment on.
- Give the ingredients a blitz. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of water to loosen it up.
- Empty the sauce into a large mixing bowl and toss the lamb chops in the chermoula marinade, ensuring to cover all surfaces.
- Marinate at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Place the lamb chops on a hot barbecue or griddle pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Alternatively, cook to desired doneness. (This depends on the thickness of the actual chops as well.)
- Once cooked, serve or top with more sauce. Enjoy!
TIP: Serve with wild rice or new potatoes, plus asparagus or your favourite greens.
SQ Professional teamed-up with award winner food blog Greedy Gourmet to create this awesome recipe.