The best toast comes from a clean toaster, and a toaster is a kitchenware essential. However, after constant daily use, it's inevitably going to get dirty.
As we all know, water and electrical products don’t mix! So it can leave us feeling a little stumped when it comes to cleaning and maintaining our small electrical appliances.
Luckily, everyone here at SQ Professional is a specialist in Kitchenware and we are here to help! and these handy cleaning tips will bring your toaster back to its former glory.
It only takes a few minutes of your time and uses everyday household products you already have at home.
You will need:
- A soft clean brush (we found a soft bristle toothbrush works best)
- A clean sponge
- Mild soap solution
1) Ensure your toaster is fully cooled down, unplug your toaster from the mains and make sure that it is switched off.
(We recommend moving your bin close to your toaster to minimise cleaning up)
2) Insert the soft brush into the unplugged toaster slots and gently brush off any crumbs from the metal parts, moving gently from the top to bottom.
3) Carefully lift the toaster and remove the crumb tray from underneath. Empty the crumbs into the bin.
4) Clean the crumb tray with a sponge, water and mild soap solution. Rinse away all soapy suds and dry thoroughly before re-inserting the tray back into the toaster.
5) To ensure all crumbs are removed, turn your toaster upside down over the bin and gently shake out any remaining crumbs.
TIP - Removing all crumbs will prevent any caught debris from burning while you’re toasting and from ruining the flavour of your toast.
6) Wipe the outside of your toaster clean with a little bit of diluted vinegar on a clean cloth.
HACK - If you have any burnt on plastic on the outside of your toaster you can remove it with a little nail varnish remover on a soft clean cloth.
That's it! Your toast will be tasting better than ever, and your toaster will be looking as good as the day you bought it.